RE: Programming COM

I believe there are already a couple of "remote clients" to
Homeseer
available.. - have a browse through the plugins already available on the
Homeseer Updater, and thereafter browse through the forums... Also, you can
use ACE in this fashion as well, - run ACE server on the Homeseer PC, run
an
ACE client on the remote PC, and you can then configure buttons on the ACE
client to trigger Homeseer events/scripts and so on.... I don't think the
ACE integration yet runs to displaying output from Homeseer on the ACE
client buttons, but it's been a while since I updated any of these
components to the latest builds, so things may have changed recently...

HTH

Paul G.

>From: "aashram" <groups@aashram.com>
>To: <ukha_d@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Programming COM
>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:45:33 -0000
>
>I have homeseer working at node0,
>I want to write some software for my
>Fuji that will allow me display and interact with
>homeseer. I am familar with VB and vbscript
>but have not used much COM which I feel
>I will need to enable me to call the homeseer
>application from across the network. Has anyone
>done anything simlar. I don't want to use the
>web browser as my solution as the only time
>I get these days to code is at work where I am
>using VB.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com