RE: Homeseer Phone

(repost, as it didn't appear the first time...)

Guys

This might be a question more for Patrick, but I'll post here as someone
else might know....

I gave up using HSP about a year ago due to it's unreliability, but I
thought I'd bring it up to the latest version, get Patrick's excellent
Meteor plug-in, and try it again.

However, as before, the announcements work fine, with HSP doing everything
it should with the data passed from the Meteor.  But, as soon as I enable
call answering, it just picks up the call, and you just get dead noise.  It
also holds on to the calls forever, at least until I whip the modem lead
out, which forces a hang-up.  The modem is just a bog-standard PCI Conexant
Soft56K Data/Fax, but I *think* it only uses the modem for the ring count,
as with the modem unplugged, it still announces, but never picks up the
call, as HSP doesn't 'know' how many times the phone has rung.

Is anyone actually using HSP successfully as an answerphone, or does
anybody
have any ideas on how to get around my problem?  The detailed events log
and
modem log don't reveal anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com