Re: Re: [OT] combi boilers

Rob,

I bought the house next door and it had no central heating at all!!
I have put entirely new system in for new side. It cost me around =A36K=20
for boiler, Megaflo all plumbing and about 12 radiators on two=20
circuits.
I left existing combi boiler in place for old side as I prefer to have=20
separate systems, even though we now use it as one house.
(If combi packed up I would install a Megaflo)
Other thing that the plumber did was make sure to have large diameter=20
pipes from mains to boiler to Megaflo to bathroom, 22mm I think rather=20
than normal 15mm, this helps the flow to shower and bath.
Re running costs I don't think there is much difference...combi is=20
probably better for less regular usage, but Megaflo benefit of lots of=20
hot water is great.
The Megaflo is well insulated so it is quite efficient at keeping water=20
hot.
A friend has had one for longer and has had no problems. The stainless=20
steel construction is meant to be better at avoiding scale buildup.
I agree about difficulty of finding/keeping good plumber!!

Martin

On 18 Jan 2004, at 20:58, Rob Lamb wrote:

> Thanks for that Martin but they seem really expensive, have to be
> fitted by a 'specially qualified plumber' (finding a good ordinary
> one is hard enough!) and have to have a safety inspection check
> every year (probably not a bad thing!). Are they expensive to run
> and why do you have the combi and Megaflow?

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20