Re: Re: Automating a combi boiler

Hi Brian,

The REMOVE LINK is for when you install the thermostat in the circuit.
The link makes the boiler think the thermostat is always demanding heat
and switches ON. It maintains the temperature based on its own internal
sensor instead. It basically shorts out the connection that the
thermostat goes into.

Hope this makes sense

Dave...

---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes...!!
---
http://www.v8carlton.com
http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
---

Brian G. Reynolds wrote:

> Thanks Patrick for the info,
>
> You say "Not sure what else you were expecting" to my
comment
> below...well I was expecting to see "connect HV here"!!!
>
> Haven't these boiler makers heard of HV yet? shame on them...
>
> Cheers mate, I will look into this when I get up later...
>
> B.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com