From: Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) [mailto:haweste@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 January 2004 13:56
To: ukha_d
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] EIB installation

Martin,

Ok, standard ring main, that's fine. IEE regs compliant I had already
assumed :-)

You can do that with CBus etc, sort of. The catch is that instead of the
ring running literally around the house, it would be effectively star-wired
>from
to the socket, and one from). For the CBus configuration you use a single
cable, when you need to changeover to sell (if you're not going to leave
the
CBus kit behind) you fit both cables into the socket at the remote end and
wire the other ends into a ring at the consumer unit end.
I feel I'm not explaining that very well :-(

It would be like wiring the tamper circuit on an alarm system, if you're
familiar with that (where there's usually just one tamper circuit for the
whole system).

Lighting circuits would be similar, although you'd have to pre-wire the
wall
switches to the ceiling roses during first fix, and then ignore them for
your CBus controls. Only connect up when you need to sell.

Please shout if I've not explained things very well, it's difficult to
describe in words, but if you draw it out it should be clearer.

As for signing off, pop over the Yahoo Selfbuild group, plenty of good
advice over there on this sort of thing. Also take a look at the group's
which should cover this.

HTH,

Tim.

+

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com <http://www.ukha2004.com>

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
<http://www.automatedhome.co.uk>
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com