From: Stuart Grimshaw [mailto:stuart@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 January 2004 16:56
To: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ukha_d] 1-wire on structured cableing

Ayone using their structured cableing with 1-wire devices attached to
the end
of runs?

I tried back at my old gaff by crimping a DS1820 into a RJ45 plug and
putting
that into the patch panel in the loft. It seemed to work OK.

My plan was to assign some ports on the panel to be 1-wire only and tie
each
of the pins on the ports in question together. That way each cable
plugged
into the panel would be in paralell and I could just pick a pair and add
the
1-wire device to it.

I nevver got around to testing it at any great length, has anyone done
anything similar?

--
-S

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com