Re: Run second set of speakers to adjacent room.

mark90h wrote:

> I have a Marantz SR4200 AV amp providing 5.1 sound for my lounge,
> with L&R, Centre and rear speaker. I want to run an extra set of
> speakers to my dining area/ kitchen but have a limited budget. Can I
> use a stereo speaker switch to enable sound to either both or one
> and how can I switch off the surround speakers when just using the
> speaker pair in the dining room?

Depending on what connections your amp has, it depends. Bit of a brain
fart, so not structured, sorry! :)

My cheapish Sony amp has A-B speaker switching which allows for a second
set of speakers to be connected (IIRC), and also has a second amplifier
output, which I use to connect my old stereo amp which runs speakers in
my hall, bathroom and kitchen (just as one stereo block, not
individually switched)

I've heard of connecting up an amp to the tape connectors on an AV amp
to get second-room functionality.

--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com