Powermid + Tall house.

So I've installed my tivo in the attic.  I've moved my powermid RF
receiver/IR emitter into the attic to control the tivo.  I am very happy
with my new easytouch 35 remote but it appears that the range is slighly
less than the older marmitek 8-in-1 RF/IR remotes.

So here's the idea.  I buy a powermid IR extender (TX+RX) and install it
half way up the house (actually in my av cupboard).  I position them
front-to-front so the IR gets re-transmitted (and boosted) thus enabling it
to reach the attic.

Something like this

(ET35)---RF---->(PM receiver - av cupboard)----IR----->(PM
transmitter - av
cupboard)-----RF---->(PM receiver - attic)----IR---->Tivo.

The question is this.  What is to stop the PM transmitter transmitting BACK
to the PM recevier in the av cupboard ( as well so to the attic recevier )
and creating some sort of endless loop that will never stop ?  I'm
basically
trying to use the powermid kit as an RF booster.

Is this a bad idea ? Am I Bananas ? Can anyone suggest another direction ?

Jeff

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely for
written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20 7623
8000, or
via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to
read our
http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or contact the sender.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com