RE: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc
  • From: "David Yeend" <david.yeend@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:20:13 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Hi Paul,

Dean has a live installation of the Geovision product for his CBus demo -
h=
ave you had a look at that? He may also be able to help with some
comments.=
=20

Putting aside the Linux aspect did you find ZM useful? Did it give you
what=
you wanted?

Back to the Linux issue, can you expand on why you want to move away from
i=
t please?

The reason I ask is because I need to put together some form of CCTV DVR -
=
particularly after the native wildlife activities in my back garden last
ni=
ght!  My current Linux experience puts me close to the bottom of the Linux
=
learning curve, but it is something I 'think' I would like to understand a
=
little more.

I was trying to decide on which route - GeoVision/MS or cheap card from
HK/=
Linux & ZM. Yesterday I decided to go the Linux route and went for the
card=
>from
=20

The card was only =A320 delivered but if it's going to take me hours to
end=
up with something which falls short of what I want then I'd rather just wr=
ite it off, save the time, get the result and find another excuse to
obtain=
an appreciation of Linux later.

Reagrds,

David

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20