Easytouch 35 remote

Just purchased an easytouch 35 remote ( marmitek )
It's IR + RF ( with powermid ) and X10.

http://www.homeautomation.eu.com/product/8

It's got a LCD backlight (blue) display.  When I switch on the backlight (
via the 'light' key ) the remote seems to generate a very high pitch whine.
Not very loud but noticable.

I'm also noticing that the viewing angle is optimzed so that the screen is
best viewed when the remote is pointing away from the user.  I suppose they
assume that most people will be pointing the remote at the thing they are
trying to control.  When viewed square-on the screen symbols look dimmer.
As I use the remote for RF control I tend to view the screen in this way.

So ... Has anyone else got one of these ? Does it whine ? Do I have dog
hearing ? And does the screen dim-out as described ?

I've never had a back-light style remote before ( I've always used the
marmitek 8-in-1 ) so I've got nothing to compare against.

Apart from that it seems great for =A347.00 (inc vat)

Jeff

-----
The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely
for=
the
addressee. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the express=20
written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient,
pl=
ease=20
contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20 7623
800=
0, or
via e-mail return. If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to
rea=
d our
e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to=20
http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/
or contact the sender.
-----

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20