Re: xPL interest

Hi James,

> Just joined the list as I have recently stumbled across the xPL
project
> and am extremely intrigued by its possibilities.  Got xPLHAL installed
> and talking with my X10 devices and Slimp3 player and, with a modicum
of
> success, a level of interaction between the Slim and X10 units.  My
> current head scratcher is how to trigger the Slimp3 via X10 commands.
> am not particularly conversant with VB, nor fully understand how the
> particular 'schemas' work within xPLHAL.  Is there anyone there who
can
> maybe give me some pointers, or example scripts that would help to
> explain.  Or, is there an xPL specific list that I've not found.

As Doogie says, there is the UKHA_XPL list specifically for xPL, where I'm
sure someone will be able to help.

The next major release of xPLHal (due out within the next few weeks) makes
it possible to do a lot more without actually needing to write any code at
all, or know anything about xPL message schemas - it is all driven by
user-friendly wizards and step-by-step guides.

Until then, if you have anything specific you want to trigger when an X10
command is received, just let us know and we'll come up with a sample
script to show you how it can be done.

Regards,

John

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com