RE: Microsoft wake up to X-Box potential ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Microsoft wake up to X-Box potential ?
  • From: "Robert Welsh" <bob-ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:10:49 -0000

For anybody following this thread and interested in the conclusion.....

Simply changing from SMB to 'ccxstream' on my Linux box last night
completed cured the "freeze after 10mins" problem.
'ccxstream' is also a lot faster in starting up the video stream and
also in serving up file listings etc.

So, all in, a better solution by the looks of it - and I didn't change
my version of XBMP.

Cheers,
Rob

PS - Thanks to DesG who was almost about to send me a ccxstream binary
last night, until I found a precompiled version. We won't go into the
'whys' of my Linux box not having GCC installed.....

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx