Re: Movie Server

Matt

I've been using MyHTPC to run DVD's and MP3's off my Hard
Drive for=20
some time =96 it took a little time to set up, but now works very=20
nicely.

The way I managed to do it was to use `DVD Shrink' to back up
my=20
DVD's onto drive =96 if you cut out all the `extras',
they can reduce=20
>from
will keep a native DVD quality, ie uncompressed.

Then use a `Media module' in MyHTPC to load `Zoom
Player' to play the=20
DVD .IFO files within the DVD folder. (These .IFO files organise the=20
other  .VOB files into the correct playing order.)

Zoom Player is a shareware and does not have it's own decoders.=20
Therefore you will need to be configured it to utilize the Decoders=20
>from

I hope this helps a little?!

If you have any questions then I shall try my best to answer, or=20
better still, if you go onto the MyHTPC forum this question has been=20
answered many times (in much greater detail!!)

Cheers

Magnatizerr=20

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "matt_miles_uk"
<studnursewolves@h...>=20
wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> Been looking around the forum for ideas regarding a movie
server.=20=20
I=20
> have all the hardware needed (PC with LOTS of storage space and=20
some=20
> DVD ISO image files).
>=20
> Just wondering wahts the best method of getting the movies onto my=20
> TV?  Is streaming the movies to a Kiss player or something the best=20
> way?  What if I have my MP3 audio collection on the same PC?

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20