Re[2]: IP Telephony with a least cost routing

Stuart, that looks interesting but all the online stuff avoids the actual
mechanism used to resolve the 9 digit number and connect the two
Earthphones.=20

It can't be simply contacting their directory as changing IP addresses and
firewall issues could cause that to fail. So it looks as if each Earthphone
computer must have a permanent IP session open to the Earthphone companies
computer, which performs the routing.

Given their cost model, which is to charge for the hardware and provide
free calls, there would presumably come a point where they needed to start
charging a rental to stay in business, unless they plan indefinite
expansion.

I'm not sure I would like my telephone calls to be routed through a
computer in California anyway. (Maybe it's a another CIA initiative).

Nice features thought. I like the ability to connect to the PBX and make
local calls remotely.

Pete

On 07/01/2004 at 21:58 Stuart Billinghurst wrote:

>Ive seen somethig called an earthphone for about 40, is this what you
>were thinking?
>=20
>http://www.ada.co.uk/telephony/earthphone/
 - I've seen cheeper than
>this mind..
>=20
>http://www.get-free-long-distance.com/

=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3 I was
>after
>the low cost solution (Around =A3100 pound mark)
>
>Cheers

>UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
>http://www.ukha2004.com
>
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20
>

>  _____=20=20
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>*	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>=20=20
>
>*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>=20=20
>
>*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
.=20

>UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
>http://www.ukha2004.com
>
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
>Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
>Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20