Re: Triple DECT handset + wireless phone line.

Young, Jeff wrote:

> The extension idea is nice and cheap as I already have the cable but
It's a
> real pain getting up in the atic ( no loft ladder / can't install one
).
> Ladder's in the cellar + house has 5 floors.  SWMBO doesn't like the
ladder
> hanging about on the staircase for days on end.  Can't understand why
- I
> think it looks really nice.

lol.... like I say, it's only about once a fortnight (while she's out ?
:) ) - depends how temporary temporary is, if you need to do it 2 or 3
times, it's probably fine, if it's 20 it's a different story!

> One other idea is a wireless LAN card in the TIVO and setup the much
delayed
> WiFi network.

Yep, assuming you can't run a permanent cat5 up there (and I'm assuming
that because you can't run a phone line up there)... as long as you can
site an AP within RF reach - I'm guessing from 5 floors with cellar
it'll be an old house with thick stone walls which absorb RF.

Cheers
--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx