Re: Linux Mail server...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Linux Mail server...
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 09:34:00 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@a...>
wrote:
> OK, for various reasons, I'm ready to make the jump.

IMHO, the best email server is CommuniGate pro.  It is a commercial
product, but if you value your time you will trade all those hours
fooling with "free" products and get something that works out of
the
box.  You can be going in under an hour.  Its also platform
agnostic, so you have choice.

It does everything you want to do.  It is full webmail, and full
IMAP, and full something else that lets you have your address books
on the server, and you can manipulate folders, and rules.  I dont
know that it does everything with Outlook express, but with the
client I use (Mulberry) everything is held on the server.

All comms are SSL securable.

Recommendation for any mail system you control:  Provide an
alternative port other than 25 for SMTP, so when you are using a
public internet service that intercepts port 25, you dont
get "funnelled" and de-secured through an unknown mail server.

CommuniGate: http://www.stalker.com
(!)
Mulberry: http://www.cyrusoft.com

Download and try - you wont be dissapointed.

Servers I've (in somecases paid for and) discarded:  mdaemon, qmail
(though I still use it for a secondary MX receiver), the Courier
collection, sendmail.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx