RE: [OT] Scottish Weather (Was: Re: SKY+ for 99 quid !)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Scottish Weather (Was: Re: SKY+ for 99 quid !)
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:27:23 -0000

Indeed..

The cheers that went up at the party (in Glasgow) I was at when it was
anno=
unced that Edinburgh's do had been cancelled were quite impressive ;)

I can't help but remember the representative for Edinburgh city council's
s=
neering derision earlier on in the year.. "why would anyone want to go
to G=
lasgow for Hogmanay? Edinburgh is where the action is going to be".
Heh.

>From the news this morning, sounds like the guys in Glasgow's George
Square=
had a riot, whereas Princes Square almost ended in a riot, when thousands =
of people were told to disperse!

I.