RE: Logitech Di Novo Media Desktop

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Logitech Di Novo Media Desktop
  • From: "Marc R. Fuller" <marc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:46:33 -0000

Hey There,

Yup, I got one for Christmas !. I must admit though, I am having
problems with it. First problem, they keybaord is basically a laptop
keyboard, so typing can be a problem for those with big hands and not
much use for gaming. The second problem, i can't seem to get mine
working when I boot up. I have to plug in a normal keyboard to login,
then unplug and replug in the bluetooth adapter.

The keyboard itself is great quality, as is the mouse. The media pad has
a fantastic LCD screen that displays the time, or the current track
playing in the media center. The software that comes with it includes
some media center software that is navigable by using the media pad. You
tell it where you media is, and it all appears in large dynamic menus.
The large menus also mean the software would work great if you have a
touch screen too !. Screen shot here:
http://www.serenitymeadow.com/miscstuff/Image2.jpg

The mouse is of course optical and cordless, and uses bluetooth for
connection to the basestation (as does the keyboard). I have yet to try
connecting any other Bluetooth devices so no idea how that works. The
mouse get's charged whilst sitting in the base station, but
unfortunatley, they keyboard uses conventional batteries, so they will
need replacing eventually. Both the keyboard and media pad have special
buttons for the media center software and volume controls. I would
suspect the media pad would be fantastic for a media remote.

Anyways, any questions, lemme know

Thanks

Marc