From: Phil Harris [mailto:phil@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 December 2003 15:09
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Cautionary Tale...

> http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/blog.asp?blogID=1214

Yup ... used to leave mine open and found a couple of kids who go to Henry
Beaufort School not far from me sitting the other side of my garden wall
happily browsing away on a laptop.

I then changed my SSID and turned off SSID broadcasts on my Belkin AP
(which
did the trick) but I recently changed to a NetGear AP which doesn't appear
to have that option so I now restrict access by MAC address. :-(

Phil

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004
EARLY BIRD RATE EXPIRES 31/12/03!
http://www.ukha2004.com