Re: [OT] Connecting record player to amp

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Connecting record player to amp
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:06:41 -0000

I'm assuming from the question that the amp doesn't have a "record=20
player input" so you're looking for an answer more sophisticated=20
than "a pair of phono leads" :-)

What sir needs is something called a "phono amp" or "phono
stage".

Prices start around =A320 (Richer Sounds do something called the B-tech=20
BT26) and go upwards... an awfully long way indeed...

If you're looking to spend at the budget end, then Richer will always=20
sell you something reasonable with a smile. If you lean to the higher=20
end, then Walrus have an excellent reputation in such things - they=20
list phono stages from =A3150 upwards at=20
http://www.walrus.co.uk/phono/phono.htm

Regards,

Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stephen Jones" <ukha@i...> wrote:
> Hi All
>=20=20
> What do I need to hook a record player to an amplifer? Is it a=20
fairly
> straight-forward affair?
>=20=20
> Any help greatly appreciated.