Re: Touch Screen kiosk pc on ebay

Thanks Dave

I did not know it was so complex...
I don't really see the need to disconnect the LCD, it has very easy=20
flush-mount side-brackets and even if one is short on mounting depth=20
then with some creative metalwork the depth could be at least halved=20
without seperating the lcd from mobo.
As it comes, the quality and brightness is evey bit as good as the=20
15" DVI Gateway lcd which I have had for a few years now.

Keyvan
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Dave McLaughlin <dave@v...> wrote:
> Hi Keyvan
>=20
> You can extend the LCD to CPU cable but only about a max of 20-
30cm at=20
> most. This is a high speed parallel connection so anything higher=20
and=20
> you will suffer from poor video quality with lines dropping or out=20
of=20
> sync etc. Believe me, I have tried with a VGA TFT which is=20
slightly=20
> lower frequency and it don't work.
>=20
> What you need to do is use an LVDS link instead. Advantech sell a=20
couple=20
> of boards to do this, but you are looking at over =A3100 for the 2=20
boards=20
> and around =A320+ for the cable, which can be up to 20m long. This=20
is a=20
> very high speed serial link operating at a low 300mV signal level=20
or=20
> thereabouts. Speeds can be 1.5Gb/s or higher. I have seen that=20
some of=20
> the latest VIA Mini-ITX boards are going to be having an LVDS=20
> transmitter fitted so connecting a bare LCD will be much easier.=20
By the=20
> way, the digital connection is far superior to the Analog VGA=20
connection=20
> on most TFT monitors. DVI is a sort of LVDS type interface and=20
this is=20
> why it is much higher quality.
>=20
> Hope this helps
> Dave...

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20