Re: Touch Screen kiosk pc on ebay

Simon

I guess you know by now that the screen is fixed.
This is only due the fact that the a flat cable (about 6") connects
>from
could get a longer cable, you could detatch the screen.
The screen is very quality - only 800x600 though, made by NEC.
The touch panel overlay is the glass 12" resistive unit by elotouch,
as are the drivers etc.
There is already a big discussion on mp3car.com (see my link on my
original post) on how these can be modified for car use, silent
running, u/g of CPU and RAM etc.

There are some pictures on the thread from "Zenmaster" showing it
running a TV picture from a Hauppage card.

I am pleased so many of you like it :-)

Marge is simply brilliant, she was very helpfull and responded to
emails in minutes. She tells me she had 47 enquiries from this post.

The unit is brand new and sealed (although they open & double check
the units for overseas shipping)and the install of XP SP1 was a
breeze.

BUT BE SURE YOU SWITCH YOUR POWER SUPPLY TO 230V ON THE LITTLE RED
SWITCH ON THE BACK OF THE PSU BEFORE YOU PLUG IN THE MAINS CABLE -
OR ELSE BANG GOES THE PSU - IT IS NOT AUTO VOLTAGE SELECTABLE - YOU
MUST CHANGE THIS MANUALLY.

I am V happy with the performance although I do not intend to use it
for DVD playback.

The only mod I am going to try is a Morex DC-DC silent psu as the
stock one is a little too noisy for the one in the bedroom.

May be when you all get your units shipped we can start a thread on
mod's etc. on the forum. I know one of you bright people will find a
solution to the soft on/off switch issue.

There are some more pictures here:

http://www.caseserve.com/cinemar/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1386

Good luck with your pruchases and hope you all enjoy the toys when
they arrive.

Keyvan