[OT] Adding an XP installed HDD to existing PC

I'm struggling with hardware problems on my main video edit PC and have
had to re-install to a new HDD several times. I run two instances of XP
Pro installed on a RAID 0 setup (well - actually two RAID 0 sets
comprising 2 x SATA drives - 4 in total) - both installed when the RAID
0 sets were bootable and enabled in the BIOS. One RAID set runs off an
embedded Silicon Image controller and the other off the embedded Intel
(875 chipset).

I want to add a third, standard IDE HDD with XP installed to the
boot.ini boot menu. This install was done when the IDE drive was the
boot drive and the RAID sets where enabled but their BIOSes disabled.
I've tried adding the boot line to the boot.ini and with various
combinations of rdisk, partition etc values but it always says there is
a problem when selecting at boot time.

Is there another file or other info written to the MBR etc that I need
to change?

Ta.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx