Re: MS13 PIR detection through glass?

Thanks to all who provided thoughts - I guess I will try the 'mount
outside' appraoch.

Paul, as for your question - is it possible that there is a build up
of algae on the inside of the lens? ... I suspect these are not
sealed units so, over time, condensation will happen and lead to
unwanted 'growths' which could reduce efficency.

Neil.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...>
wrote:
> On a related topic, I've had a PIR mounted externally in exactly
this way
> for a couple of years now... It is in fact an internal PIR model,
but my
> porch ceiling is very sheltered and it is completely impervious to
wind &
> rain etc...
>
> However, I've noticed of late that the sensitivity of the PIR has
tailed off
> drastically.... to the point that I can walk back & forth
underneath it
> numerous times without being "seen"...  Sometimes I've stood
underneath it
> waiving like a madman without it trigerring!
>
> Do these things "wear out"? - anything I can do to revive
it?

<http://www.ukha2004.com>

> >http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
<http://www.automatedhome.co.uk>
> >Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> >Click HereClick Here
> >
> ><http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroupweb
> >/S=:HM/A=2019528/rand=218837012>
> >

> >    _____
> >
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> >*	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >

> >*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >

> >*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service
.

http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo