Re: US Ocelot Home Controller in the UK?

Alan,

They are the same model. You just need a 9-12V AC or DC supply rated
at min 200mA (It has internal rectification and regulated to 5V DC).

You can upgrade the firmware with the latest version of C-Max if it
is not current from Adicon's web site.

Jon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@a...>
wrote:
> Sorry, to be clearer I was thinking more about technical reasons.
ie
> is the US model the same as the one I'd source in the UK. If I
just
> swap the power supply will it work or do I lose some
functionality?

<philip.coombes@t...>
> wrote:
> > I know they've tightened up on things a bit recently but I still
> find that
> > what you pay depends on who they ship with. I've had a few
things
> recently
> > that just arrived with no customs, VAT or anything attached
whereas
> other
> > stuff got clobbered for the whole lot. Mind you on the
electrical
> stuff I
> > buy (mostly video cards) it's usually only 4% duty and if you
can
> claim back
> > the VAT as well the price difference between here and the US (or
> the Far
> > East) is still quite substantial and more than makes up for an
> extra day or
> > two waiting for it to arrive.
> >
> > Phil,

couriers charge
> about a
> > tenner
> > >
> > > With exchange rates where they are, you may still make a
saving,
> but by
> > > buying in the UK you are getting:
> > >
> > > 1: Faster delivery
> > >
> > > 2: Service down the line if there are problems.
> > >
> > > 3: Consumer rights.
> > >
> > > I've imported a fair amount from the US, but only "new
tech"
for
> which
> > there