Re: US Ocelot Home Controller in the UK?

Sorry, to be clearer I was thinking more about technical reasons. ie
is the US model the same as the one I'd source in the UK. If I just
swap the power supply will it work or do I lose some functionality?
Like I said I realise the optional x10 controller module will need to
be sourced in the UK but I'm unsure if anything else is region
specific and like Mark said service / returns could be a problem.

Thanks for the responses so far, has got me checking the import duty
etc and being very sure I am getting a good deal (looks like a 1/3rd
saving still atm).

Kind Regards,

Alan.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Philip Coombes"
<philip.coombes@t...>
wrote:
> I know they've tightened up on things a bit recently but I still
find that
> what you pay depends on who they ship with. I've had a few things
recently
> that just arrived with no customs, VAT or anything attached whereas
other
> stuff got clobbered for the whole lot. Mind you on the electrical
stuff I
> buy (mostly video cards) it's usually only 4% duty and if you can
claim back
> the VAT as well the price difference between here and the US (or
the Far
> East) is still quite substantial and more than makes up for an
extra day or
> two waiting for it to arrive.
>
> Phil,

charge
about a
> tenner
> >
> > With exchange rates where they are, you may still make a saving,
but by
> > buying in the UK you are getting:
> >
> > 1: Faster delivery
> >
> > 2: Service down the line if there are problems.
> >
> > 3: Consumer rights.
> >
> > I've imported a fair amount from the US, but only "new
tech" for
which
> there
> > wasn't a European supplier...
> >
> > M.

the
UK? I
> > > realise the x10 module would need to be sourced in the UK.
At
the