Easiest route to telephone control

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had a sooution for the easiest way to
automate heating ocntrol with your telephone. I have Comfort
securtiy system, and have automated my heating etc and all works
great.

My sister however, saw me dial in and turn on  my heating the other
day, and wants me to install in her house. But all she wants is the
heating control, to dial in turn on the heating, and have it turn
off after 1 or 2 hrs automatically.....

Whats the easiest/cheapest way to do this. The x10 side of things
is easy enough, as its s basic timer system to control the heating,
but its the dial in part gets tricky. Comfort is way
overspecced/overpriced to do just this one thing, so if there was
some other sort of x10 controlable answering machine ?

Regards,
Eamon