From: matt_miles_uk [mailto:m_miles@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 February 2004 17:38
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Bargain (tm) Alert!

Hi!

I don't have a Poundland near me :( (well actually I lie... their
distribution centre is around the corner but not a shop!!!).  Anyone
fancy getting some on my behalf?  Been looking at their website and
theres a neat utility that allows wireless internet access from 1
dedicated cybiko connected to a PC via USB... looks VERYU
interesting!

Just want some now.... (trying to hold back the tears!)

Cheers,

Matt

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Dave McLaughlin <dave@v...> wrote:
> Which version?
>
> I have 2 off the original models thanks to someone on the list
posting a
> 2 for 1 at Toysrus but have never found a use for them yet. Mmm,
that
> sounds familiar!!
>
> Dave...
>
> Andy Laurence wrote:
>
> > Just spotted the following on usenet.  ISTR that some people
looked into
> > using these as remote controls.  They do WAP out of the box,
IIRC.
> > Certainly worth a quid a shot!
> >
> > --------------
> >
> > You may have seen these advertised over the last year or so.
Basically
> > they
> > are hand-held PDA's with rf communication capabilities. You can
play
> > games,
> > mp3s and download from the PC's USB port to the device.
> >
> > Have a look at: http://www.cybiko.com
> >
> > They both are going to be available at most Poundland stores
>from
> > week.
> > At a quid a piece, they are well well worth it. I intend buying
a few to
> > hack and to disassemble for use in a remote robotic control
system.
> > Apparently they have thousands to shift due to mass
overproduction. I
> > would
> > still get in quick though.
> >
> > ---------------