From: theshawmeister
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 10:01 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] - - Hurried request for help ref BT Midband and sharing
over LAN - -

Hi folks, this is a real quick request for help on sharing a BT
MIdband account.

Having moved from big fat pipe land (W11) to North Yorkshire I
needed something better than DUN.  So 2 days ago I had a BT ISDN
HomeHighway box put and I've taken out a BT MIdband package.  I've
got connectivity if I go and stand in my cellar at Node0

The pain is I cannot share it.  I've tried a D-Link DI304 router -
can ping it, cannot interest it in giving me an internet gateway
I've tried an old laptop - PIII 1.2 (so not that old) with ICS
running.  I've been able to use the shared connection with the PIII
laptop but only when the connection is running.  I can't get
requests from network clients to the gateway - PIII laptop - to dial
in to a connection.

I'd really appreciate some help on this, thanks
Iain

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx