RE: Placing DS1820's

Paul,

I also had a similar idea for my new house. I intend to use DS1820's to
monitor each room, at ceiling height, and using a Temp05 and Homeseer
with the mcsTemperature plug-in operate the UFH.

I am a way off installing the heating, the windows aren't in yet, but I
have installed a number of DS1820s in the basement to check stability of
the PC OS (Win2KServer), applications (Homeseer) and hardware (Temp05
and VIOM). There are no (Glass) windows in the basement...

I have been using something similar in my existing house with one
heating zone for about 2 years.

I have also mounted a DS1820 in the basement of the new house at ceiling
height, 2.4m, and another at about 1.5m, to monitor the delta between
measurements. Almost a scientific experiment.

The issue is that the basement is not heated so the range of
temperatures is limited, in the last month a max of 11c and a minimum of
3c.

What I have seen is that although the temperatures measured by each
sensor are different that consistently measure within 0.25 to 0.5
degrees C of each other. By using a 0.25 degree offset, set in
mcsTemperature, the measurements would be very similar. This difference
may be due to sensor height, or may just be due to the tolerance of the
sensors... I would need to install two more in the same positions to
check this.

>From what I have seen I don't think my heating would be wildly out of
step with what I need. I think responding to the well know UFH sluggish
response and possible overshoot would be more of an issue.

I could upload some graphs from mcsTemperature to the groups area if
that would help.

Regards

Nigel