XBox & CDs

Has anyone else experienced their XBox refusing to play CDs ?

I *think* I've got the Samsung drive, and it's played CD-Rs in the past as
I've copied a couple to the hard drive. Last night it wouldn't play
*anything* on a CD, yet it was happy with DVDs. The tray would close &
the eject button flash, but then keep flashing (green only) with the CD
drive spinning up, but nothing playing. Eventually the drive timed out and
stopped.

I left it unplugged for a while and tried again and it gradually started to
get happier. It was still a struggle to get it to recognise a pucka CD
though (Tracey Chapman - Fast Car, original disk from ages ago so no copy
protection issues).

It's still unchipped - should I get it looked at under warranty ?

Thanks,

Tim.

+