Re: Placing DS1820's

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 11:04, Paul Smith wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> 	I'm shortly going to be putting DS1820 (1-wire temp sensors) in each
> room of the house.
>
> 	The grand plan is to automate the heating and cooling of each room.
> So that I can set a desired temp and the system does the rest.
>
> 	What I am wondering is does it matter where in the room the sensors
> are. I'm planning to mount them in the ceiling in a discreet vented
box. But
> just want to check that this would be ok.

Yes, there can be anything up to 4C difference between the temperature
at floor level & the temp at ceiling level, it can be cooler in
draughts
as well, near doors & windows.

What you can do if you mount them in the ceiling or floor is calibrate
them manually, with a hand held thermometer, so you know the temp where
you sit and the temp being measured, and can calibrate it from those two
values.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx