Re: Tip needed for Coax termination

Keith wrote:

KD> Make sure that all 3 leads are EXACTLY the same length otherwise the
colour
KD> difference signals will arrive before or after the Monochrome
picture detail
KD> giving the impression of the colour slipping to left or right.

That's a bit OTT.

If we assume the speed of propagation in a cable is
2/3 of the speed of light, 200,000,000 m/s, and we're using MPEG2
pictures; one picture element lasts for one 720th of 52 microseconds,
i.e. 72nS, then you need about 14M of cable to delay the signal by 1
pixel.

Assuming that less than 1/4 pixel of colour timing error will
be unnoticeable, then the cables only need to be matched to 3.5M,
which may well be more than the total cable length anyway.

Bill

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx