From: Doogie Brodie [mailto:ukhad@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 17 February 2004 12:16
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] New Member and ADSL Question

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the list.

> for an all in one Broadband router and network switch. I have seen
> the Zoom X5 in pc world for =A399 - any of you computer wizzards got
> any comments on this? or suggestions for alternatives?

I can't say enough good things about the Vigor 2600=20
(http://broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ShopGroupID=3D&CategoryID=
=3D&ProductID=3D158)

I am with Nildram and previously used a Netgear DG814 which was fine=20
until some upgrades by BT that affected Nildram and some other ISPs,=20
with routers with a certain chipset. I replaced the DG814 which uses a=20
totally different chipset and all was well :)

It's a little more expensive (well =A340, so 40% more expensive!) but it's=
=20
incredibly reliable and several group members have them.

If you want to push the boat out, there are 2600 models available with=20
built in wireless access points, voice over IP facilities, usb print=20
serving abilities and ISDN backup.

HTH

--=20
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20