Re: Fw: ADSL bonding

This was a quote from a supplier the company I work for deal with for
kit to support bonded adsl:

If that is the solution you wish to use I would recommend 1 x Linksys
router attached to 2 x dlink adsl modems connected via the RJ45 ports,
and then configure the router with the appropriate instructions
therefore allowing the router to run concurrent dsl connections. However
we would recommend using 2 separate ISP's this will allow for a fail
over solution should one of the adsl lines go down.

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=29&prid=589
cost £218

http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/products/136.htm
cost £55 each

Total £328

Cisco Option
The reason why we have chosen to look at the Cisco1721-ADSL Router with
an additional ADSL card and this will only function correctly if the ISP
has given you multiple bonded adsl circuits on a single IP address. This
is something that may need to be checked with your ISP and then we can
look at the options available.

Cisco 1721 router cost £475 each
Cisco wic1-adsl x 2 cost £270 each
Total £1015

It's refurb kit, but for anyone with a spare 1k to spend I can put you
in touch...

Gareth Cook wrote:

> Only Cisco do kit to do MLPPP - about £2000
>
> Or Windows or Linux with two modems (USB or Serial) NOT Ethernet
router. I
> hate the thought of using a windows machine as a gateway, but it's
either
> that or plain old 512k
>
> So, Windows with 2 Speedtouch USB modems it is. Or it will be when
Nildram