Re: Now [OT] SDSL was Re: WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

> I've just had my 2nd 512k line activated, with the bonded option. Not
sure
> what A&A do, but this gives me one IP over 2 lines (exactly like
ISDN2
> over 2 64k channels)
>
> Trouble is, it's not working yet ! Damn thing doesnt believe it's a
MLPPP
> server at the other end

I don't think A&A implement it using MLPPP - is yours from soneone else
?

> Question - does the A&A solution give you a single IP on the WAN
side (not
> LAN) ? Or is the firebrick doing load balancing ?

In our set up we have 3 IP ranges - 1 each on the individual primary and
backup (a /30 subnet on each)
plus an overlaid range (a /27 in our case) which we use for serving - this
is currently routed in over the primary, but will automatically re-route to
the backup if the primary ADSL link goes down.

For inbound load balancing I think you need to pay for and have installed a
firebrick (or similar I suppose) at the A&A end to
alternate the packets down each line in turn.

Alternatively you could arrange for your firewall to set up different NATs
when browsing out to different destinations, which would then mean the
return packets would come down the different ADSL lines.

For uplink load balancing I added an iptables config to IPCop to do
multiple
equalized nexthop routing, all with source addresses coming from our
serving
range. A&A don't car which line your packets appear from, as long as
they
are yours !!

Hope that helps

Nick.