Re: Domestic Gas Flow Monitoring

Kevin,

I was looking at water meters at the same time I built my 1-wire
interface for my electricty meter monitoring.

One site I found which may be useful to you is
http://www.rwc.co.uk/rwc/pricelist/meters.htm#pulse

Jon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@u...> wrote:

> I am looking at monitoring the energy consumption of my home and
need to
> find a device for the gas supply that can be interfaced
electronically
> somehow. Ideally I would like a nice low cost flow device that
could be
> installed inline with my incoming gas feed and provide pulses out
rather
> like the electricty metering does based on volume of gas used /
flow rate.
> Looking for some feedback of both consumption to date and
instantaneous.
> Cumulatively counting pulses is not a problem to estimate
consumpton to date
> if needed.
>
> Does anyone know of such a device ? I am sure there must be many
of them as
> there are in the electricty consumption field. Probably used by
landlords
> for secondary metering but the 'pulse' output is key - not just
visible
> dials.
>
> A water one would be nice too...
>
> 	Kevin

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx