Re: Lightly OT: Solar Power

Thanks James,

I think my site could be considered pretty good for wind power, I'm=20
very elevated (well not me, but the site is), the site is on a hill=20
about 80m high. Not much surrounding me to block the wind, and it=20
does get windy!!!!

I'll have to look into the planning side of thinds, although the=20
grant is out of the question, as I'm in Ireland, and we're not so=20
genourous with giving out grants.

What I really need to do is fugure out what kind of a load i should=20
expect to get, and what I am currently using. The X10 side of things=20
is worrying me a bit, as I dont want to lose any of my current set up.

Regards,
Eamon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, James Fidell <james@c...> wrote:
> Quoting Benfield, John (john.benfield@r...):
>=20
> > To be honest, unless you have a suitable site it's an
expensive=20
toy.
> > However, you don't mind getting your hand dirty Hugh Piggott
has=20
paper plans
> > for a turbine that you can build yourself. He has a web site
but=20
don't have
?
>=20
> > Also, bear in mid that you might need planning
> > permission for a turbine. Finally, the government are giving=20
grants to
> > re-newable energy projects, =A3500 per KW for turbines.
However,=20
you have to
> > have one of the approved one installed by an approved
installer.=20
Try
> > www.clear-skies.org.uk (that's from memory).
>=20