Re: New Member and ADSL Question

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the list.

> for an all in one Broadband router and network switch. I have seen
> the Zoom X5 in pc world for £99 - any of you computer wizzards got
> any comments on this? or suggestions for alternatives?

I can't say enough good things about the Vigor 2600
(http://broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ShopGroupID=&CategoryID=&ProductID=158)

I am with Nildram and previously used a Netgear DG814 which was fine
until some upgrades by BT that affected Nildram and some other ISPs,
with routers with a certain chipset. I replaced the DG814 which uses a
totally different chipset and all was well :)

It's a little more expensive (well £40, so 40% more expensive!) but it's
incredibly reliable and several group members have them.

If you want to push the boat out, there are 2600 models available with
built in wireless access points, voice over IP facilities, usb print
serving abilities and ISDN backup.

HTH

--
Doogie