RE: LON Lighting control

Hi Neil,

LON has of course been successful in the industrial environment but has
struggled to get a hold in the domestic one - at least here in NZ and
Australia.  Clipsal has been much more successful. The nice thing about
LON of course was in theory it is multisourced rather single sourced as
is Clipsal.  Problem is that it is quite expensive.

As for connecting other kit - I know that a do it yourself solution is
out of the question.  IIRC the development kit required to do it was
around 10-20K USD !!!  LON has a concept of a 'neuron' - maybe someone
has a product that is a generic gateway ie. LON to serial, I wouldn't be
surprised.

Cheers
Shane

environment?