Re: Re: XDA II - Bluetooth/WIFI ?

Ahhh ... now that is a smart system you have there!

I am learning all the time "Veronica" .. need to look that up.

Yeah you are right bluetooth won't work all around your house. My only=20
other suggestion is getting some bluetooth accesspoints and putting them=20
around your house.

128mb???? gawd .. more than my ipaq????????

I take it the xda works with bluetooth headsets? Humm maybe I should get
on=
e?

But then what do I do with my ipaq?

I need to do some research on this!!! might be my new toy!

Thanks .. but I am sure my wallet will not be thanking you.

Ho Yin

At 12:21 12/02/2004, you wrote:
>Ho,
>
>The ability to use the PC connection to the internet is great but my=20
>problem is more to do with being able to send TCP/IP messages to the
PC=20
>from all over the house. I use NetRemote to control MediaCentre on a
PC=20
>which then plays MP3's to radios around the house via Veronica. I
doubt=20
>Bluetooth will reach the main PC through all the walls in our house :(
>I was hoping someone knew of a Bluetooth/Wifi Bridge ?
>
>The XDA II is the same 400mhz chip as in my Dell Axim and has 128mb=20
>internal memory (so twice that of my Axim). As far as I know its=20
>PocketPC2003 "Phone edition" and so should run exactly the
same software=20
>as any other PocketPC.
>
>Marcus,
>

>You can actually use bluetooth to active sync with your computer, and
>through this you can connect to the internet.
>
>I only realised this after I bought my ipaq 5550 and started using it
.. =
so
>now I hardly ever use my wifi. I find it drains the battery much more
tha=
>bluetooth.
>
>How powerful is the XDA? Are there any limitations to what it can do?
In
>comparison to my ipaq? Can I run all the software I have on it?
>
>Ho Yin
>
>At 09:56 12/02/2004, you wrote:
>>Just had a demo of the new O2 XDA II PDA/Camera/Phone, and was
pretty
>>impressed. Its smaller than my current Dell Axim (X5), has a phone
built
>>in (with speaker phone.. so no fine when using in the car) and a
camera
>>(no flash though).
>>
>>The price seems pretty good at =A3199 + contract (=A315pm), so
that's ab=
out
>>=A3380 with a 12month contract. That compares pretty favourably
with my =
Axim
>>that cost =A3260 but I'm also getting the phone and camera and
included =
talk
>>time. At the moment I always have the Axim, an aging Motorola V50
and an
>>IXUS camera in my pockets so the xda would certainly be useful. I
tend t=
>>carry the camera around just for use as a visual notebook rather
than
>>quality photoraphs, so the lower quality of the camera shouldn't be
too
>>much of an issue.
>>
>>I currently use the Axim for general reminders (outlook) etc +
netremote=
+
>>TomTomNavigator + playing divx movies. The XDA has Bluetooth and SD
slot
>>but not Wifi or CF. Since I'm using the CF for a WiFi card in the
AXIM t=
>>access my Home WAP (for netremote), is there anything that would
allow m=
>>to connect Bluetooth the home network or would I have to use a Wifi
SD=20
>card ?
>>
>>Marcus
>>

>UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
><http://www.ukha2004.com>http://www.ukha2004.com
>
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
>Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx

>    *=20
> <mailto:ukha_d-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=3DUnsubscribe>ukha_d-u=
nsubscribe@xxxxxxx=20

>    *
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the=20
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo!
Terms of Service.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20