Re: XDA II - Bluetooth/WIFI ?

Ho,

The ability to use the PC connection to the internet is great but my
proble=
m is more to do with being able to send TCP/IP messages to the PC from all
=
over the house. I use NetRemote to control MediaCentre on a PC which then
p=
lays MP3's to radios around the house via Veronica. I doubt Bluetooth will
=
reach the main PC through all the walls in our house :(
I was hoping someone knew of a Bluetooth/Wifi Bridge ?

The XDA II is the same 400mhz chip as in my Dell Axim and has 128mb
interna=
l memory (so twice that of my Axim). As far as I know its PocketPC2003
"Pho=
ne edition" and so should run exactly the same software as any other
Pocket=
PC.

Marcus,

You can actually use bluetooth to active sync with your computer, and=20
through this you can connect to the internet.

I only realised this after I bought my ipaq 5550 and started using it .. s=
o=20
now I hardly ever use my wifi. I find it drains the battery much more than=
=20
bluetooth.

How powerful is the XDA? Are there any limitations to what it can do? In=20
comparison to my ipaq? Can I run all the software I have on it?

Ho Yin

At 09:56 12/02/2004, you wrote:
>Just had a demo of the new O2 XDA II PDA/Camera/Phone, and was
pretty=20
>impressed. Its smaller than my current Dell Axim (X5), has a phone
built=
=20
>in (with speaker phone.. so no fine when using in the car) and a
camera=20
>(no flash though).
>
>The price seems pretty good at =A3199 + contract (=A315pm), so that's
abo=
ut=20
>=A3380 with a 12month contract. That compares pretty favourably with my
A=
xim=20
>that cost =A3260 but I'm also getting the phone and camera and included
t=
alk=20
>time. At the moment I always have the Axim, an aging Motorola V50 and
an=
=20
>IXUS camera in my pockets so the xda would certainly be useful. I tend
to=
=20
>carry the camera around just for use as a visual notebook rather
than=20
>quality photoraphs, so the lower quality of the camera shouldn't be
too=20
>much of an issue.
>
>I currently use the Axim for general reminders (outlook) etc +
netremote =
+=20
>TomTomNavigator + playing divx movies. The XDA has Bluetooth and SD
slot=
=20
>but not Wifi or CF. Since I'm using the CF for a WiFi card in the AXIM
to=
=20
>access my Home WAP (for netremote), is there anything that would allow
me=
=20
>to connect Bluetooth the home network or would I have to use a Wifi SD
ca=
rd ?

>Marcus

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20