Re: PC based DVD real time video recorder

Paul Gale wrote:
> Anyone know of a PC based solution similar to consumer stand alone DVD
> recorders? i.e. the ability to be able to record DVD Video from a
> firewire or other capture card input in real time?

I'm pretty sure the software that came free with my Sony drive claimed
to do that, over composite at least... not sure if it would do firewire
or not.

Infact, from www.mydvd.com

66
Sonic MyDVD is the world’s first DVD recording and editing
application.
It allows you to record – in real time – from a video source
such as a
camcorder or VHS deck, and create DVDs or VideoCDs that will play on
set-top and PC-based players. MyDVD also allows you to create photo
slideshows.
99

Personally I've never tried it, because all the VHS-DVD stuff I've done
has required some intensive clean up in the audio and visual
departments, plus decent menus, so can't say how well it works/doesn't
work.....

I've just dug out the CD, and it's version 4 basic I've got... 5.2 is
the latest, so you might want to chance your arm either buying/
borrowing a copy, or investigating any other short term trial methods
that you can lay your hands on. ;)

HTH!

--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx