RE: Re: Phone not ringing (via cat5e and patch panel)

Keith's detailed the standard UK wiring here:
http://www.diyha.co.uk/telephones/pots.html

The incoming line from BT is on two wires, this is split out inside the
master socket into 3 wires - pins & colours per Keith's tables :-)

Previously you said:

> [...]

How & where from is the socket wired that presents an RJ11 for the BT
line, and how does the phone line get to this socket ? This doesn't sound
like a standard master socket if it's presenting RJ11. Master sockets or
NTE5's usually present a normal BT socket (see "NTE5 Master
Socket" at http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm).

What happens if you plug your phone directly into this RJ11 socket ? Is
everything ok now ?

HTH,

Tim H.

+