Re: Network Media Players & Freeview PCI/USB Cards

>>  - Linksys WMA11B
>>(http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=554)
>>  - Netgear MP101
>>(http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=234)
>

> I'm on the edge of getting one of these just to use until I sort out a
> proper solution!

I would have considered either of these a "proper" solution.
In fact I would a WMA11B myself if it wasn't for the fact that it bloody
well INSISTS on XP at the serverside.

What you looking for if these don't count as proper (out of interest) ?

> I've been googling all night.  The Hauppauge MVP looks like a good
option.
> As for the PVR software, I've no idea, but have found a few forums I
may
> hassle!

I knew I'd forgotten anohter - the Hauppage one.
As for PVR software...I was looking at Showshifter last week - but, of
course, mailing lists is pretty much converted to Sky+/Tivo these days.
(personally I think everyone is getting too old when they start to value
their own time over the fun of building projects....if you ask me ;-))

> Yeah, I'm leaning towards a project, but time is valuable, and buying
> something will be better if it works.  Although, I think I have a
laptop
> mobo with on-board TV-out and sound, which could make the perfect
donor....

See ?!?!

> I wonder what SWMBO would say about another DVD player?  There's
already the
> one hooked up to the 5.1 system, the PS2, and my portable.  Nothing on
some
> of the people here, but it's still a bit OTT!

You could always wait and see what the new Sony PSX has in store for
Europe....(and then pitch it to the missus as a PS2 'upgrade')

Cheers,
Rob