Re: Re: Phone not ringing (via cat5e and patch panel)

wrote:
>> From: php_code_monkey [mailto:php_code_monkey@p...]
>>> I just don't get why it's not ringing.  It's the only phone
> connected,
>>> REN 1, and the cable runs are like 10m each, it's very close
> the BT
>>> wall outlet.
>>
>> Sounds to me like one of your pairs is a bit broken somewhere
along
> the line.  One pair carries your voice (including the dial tone), and
> the other pair activates the ringer.  What pins are you using for the
> adapters you've made?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andy
>> --
>> http://ha.andylaurence.co.uk
>
> I'm not actually sure, but I didn't do anything other than put my
> cat5e in.  I've verified with a tester that the wall outlets, cabling
> and patch panel are wired up correctly for 568B and they are.  I've
> tried at least 4 different connectors on both sides of it but it's
> still not working, so I feel confident in ruling out a faulty
> connection.

Sorry, I meant the wrong pairs.

> I've had a lot of trouble locating technical details on what pins it
> *should* be using so I can test with my multimeter.  Most of the
> stuff
> I've found in US.

Errr, I forget what they *should* be too, but voice is on pins 4 & 5.
That
doesn't help, as you clearly have that right!  The ringer, ISTR is pin 2,
but don't quote me on that!  use a multimeter to see what pins are
connected
to what, and you'll get it right with just two iterations!

Cheers,
Andy