Re: Phone not ringing (via cat5e and patch panel)

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Andy Laurence" <andy@a...> wrote:
> From: php_code_monkey [mailto:php_code_monkey@p...]
> > I just don't get why it's not ringing.  It's the only phone
connected,
> > REN 1, and the cable runs are like 10m each, it's very close to
the BT
> > wall outlet.
>
> Sounds to me like one of your pairs is a bit broken somewhere along
the line.  One pair carries your voice (including the dial tone), and
the other pair activates the ringer.  What pins are you using for the
adapters you've made?

> Cheers,
> Andy
> --
> http://ha.andylaurence.co.uk

I'm not actually sure, but I didn't do anything other than put my
cat5e in.  I've verified with a tester that the wall outlets, cabling
and patch panel are wired up correctly for 568B and they are.  I've
tried at least 4 different connectors on both sides of it but it's
still not working, so I feel confident in ruling out a faulty
connection.

I've had a lot of trouble locating technical details on what pins it
*should* be using so I can test with my multimeter.  Most of the
stuff
I've found in US.