Re: Can an LD11 control a 240v 50w Halogen bulb?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx; wrote:
> > Here is my problem, I have 5x50w on one LD11 and 4x50w on another
> > LD11. I have had this setup for about two months. So far each
setup
> > has blown a bulb, which in turn has fried the LD11. So I have
went
> > through two LD11's already. The uasge of these units is about 4-
8hrs
> > per day @ 75% dim. Where am I going wrong?
>
> Something doesn't sound right there at all. I've *NEVER* had an
LD10 or 11
> fail on me, ever! Not even a blown fuse and plenty lightbulbs have
blown,
> including mains halogen ones.

As some others note here I've seen few probs with LD11's and mains
halogens. I have LD11's (about 15+ or so) controlling somewhere
around 40 halogen bulbs.  These range from banks of 2,3,4 and 1set
of 5 halogen bulbs.  Over 2+ years I've had quite a few bulbs go and
one LD11 fuse went just before xmas when a bulb blew.

One thing I have noticed.  The first set of bulbs were the more,
shall we say 'economically' priced.  As I've replaced them I have
used the Osram bulbs (GU10s) (from Screwfix).  I've noticed that
these seem to be whiter, brighter and seem to live up to the promise
of lasting (a lot) longer too.  The reason I went over to them is
they were rated at 2000hrs while the cheaper were 1000-1500hrs.

So I wonder if its worth considering whether low quality bulbs might
be a factor.

Richard