Re: Can an LD11 control a 240v 50w Halogen bulb?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Can an LD11 control a 240v 50w Halogen bulb?
  • From: "jon00_uk" <jon00@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:01:22 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "davidne0uk" <davidne0uk@xxxxxxx;
wrote:
> > > I think the minimum load is 60w.
> >
> > Nope I use one on a 25W bulb and a couple on 40W ones, no
problems,
> or maybe
> > I'm just lucky but I suspect I'm not. ;)
> >
> > K.
>
> Here is my problem, I have 5x50w on one LD11 and 4x50w on another
> LD11. I have had this setup for about two months. So far each setup
> has blown a bulb, which in turn has fried the LD11. So I have went
> through two LD11's already. The uasge of these units is about 4-
8hrs
> per day @ 75% dim. Where am I going wrong?
>
> Cheers Davie

Davie,

I would change the fuse in the LD11 to 2 Amp version to try and stop
this.

I also have a problem with LD11 and Halogen bulbs - this time it is
a 150W wall light. Two months use, dimmed to around 80% fine. Then
this started to happen:

After about 1 hour, the light started to flash violently sometimes
to off. The manual light switch did not work and I had to use the
switch on the light itself to stop this.

One off you may think - I exchanged it with another LD11 and after
another 2 months - the same thing :(  The units are not blown
because I can use them quite happily on a standard tungsten lighting
system and they work fine! Strange huh? I still want to use my wall
light though.

Jon