Re: Homevision Text over external video

Thanks Keith,

I'm pretty sure everything is wired up correctly. However, I have
simplified everything now, and i am just connecting sky to my tv,
through HV.

Sky out  ------ In HV Out  ------- In TV

They have to be connected correctly, as I can view the sky channel
on my telly AV channel, which is fed through HV.
I can also display HV TEXT on my Telly AV channel over a blue
background, just not over external video.

Regards,
Eamon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx; wrote:
> Quoting eamonnogorman <eamonnogorman@xxxxxxx;:
>
> >   ia m using my VCR SCART Input to modualte the signal onto coax
> > which is sent around the house. So the Video out goes like this:-
> >
> > SKY BOX Video Out (from scart lead) to HV Video Input
> > HV Video Output to VCR Scart Input
> > VCR RF Output to tv's over coax. TV's tuned to Video chan, whcih
is
> > shwtcihed to SCART Input chan (L1).
> >

> Just a stab in the dark....
>
> Are you using a SCART to 4 or 6 Phono plug lead from the Digibox ?
>
> Have you tried bypassing Homevision ie connecting the digibox
phono to the VCR
> phono to ensure that the video signal is there?
>
> The reason I ask is that on SCART to Phono leads the markings can
be ambiguous
> to say the least. At work we had two such leads that were
identical in every
> respect apart from one...
>
> Lead One - The plugs that said OUT were coming OUT from the SCART
and the plugs
> that said IN were going IN to the SCART - It was logically
labelled.

> Lead Two - The plugs that said OUT were going IN to the SCART.
They were marked
> for the sockets you should have connected them to (ie The VideoOUT
lead would
> connect to VideoOUT of your DVD player to feed it IN to the
SCART). Likewise
> the plugs that said IN were actually coming OUT of the SCART.
>
> Policeman - Excuse me sir, are you aware that this is a one way
street.
> Driver - Yes officer, I am only going one way.
> Policeman - but you are going the WRONG way sir.
>

> Keith
>
> www.diyha.co.uk
> www.kat5.tv

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx